Source: Woman’s Day – By Frank P
Perched on toasted coconut, these wacky aliens looking for their spaceship are sweet and savory treats made from chow mein noodles coated with melted chocolate, then finished off with green jelly bean eyes and purple sugar dot pupils.
Photo Credit – Kate Sears
Total Time: 1 hr 30 min
Prep Time: 30 min
- 8 ounce(s) bittersweet chocolate (such as Hershey’s), finely chopped
- 1 can(s) (5 oz) thin chow mein noodles (we used La Choy)
- 1/2 cup(s) vanilla frosting
- 18 green jelly beans
- 18 small purple or blue sugar ball candies or jumbo nonpareils
- Line a large baking sheet with nonstick foil.
- Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and melt on high in microwave 1 to 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Scrape chocolate into a large bowl; add noodles and gently toss with a rubber spatula until all the noodles are evenly covered in chocolate.
- Drop heaping 1⁄4-cupfuls of noodle mixture into 9 haystacks on prepared cookie sheet. Let dry 1 hour at room temperature (or speed it up by refrigerating them 30 minutes until hard).
- Put frosting into a small ziptop bag; snip off a tiny corner of the bag and pipe 2 dabs onto each creature and attach 2 jelly bean eyes. Pipe a dot in center of each eye and attach a candy ball in center. Let dry 1⁄2 hour.